Designer / Consultancy
Ward William Associates
February 2017 – November 2019
The works comprised a Design & Build contract for the provision of additional car parking adjacent to the St Erth Railway Station and improvements to the nearby junction with A30 trunk road.
The station serving both mainline (Penzance to London Paddington) and branch line (St Erth to St Ives) and the car parking will provide drivers the opportunity to switch to a more sustainable travelling solution within west Cornwall and beyond.
- 500 new car park spaces
- 8,597m2 of flexible composite pavement (bitumen surfacing material)
- 563m fencing
- 725m of concrete kerbing
- 1125m2 of granite paving
- 879m of drainage pipes
- 5000m2 of recycled plastic grid parking
- 16m VRS barrier
- Three-arm signalised junction with MOVA control
- 10,000m2 site clearance including controlled removal of historical asbestos
- One new bus shelter & two new cycle shelters