North Yorkshire County Council
Designer / Consultancy
August 2014 – August 2016
Works involved the Design & Build of approximately 4.8km of new single carriageway road, split approximately in half by the existing A1(M).
The road connects the existing A684 to the north of Bedale to a point on the existing A684 to the east of Leeming Bar. The road connects to the existing Junction 51 of the A1(M), taking advantage of the existing roundabouts and structures at that location.
- 4.8km of new single carriageway road
- Three new roundabouts – Bedale, Leases Road & Leeming Bar
- Two new rail bridges
- Diversion of an ethylene pipeline in two locations
- 50,000m2 of flexible composite pavement
- 14km fencing & associated mammal netting
- 283,000m2 site clearance
- 4km landowner access tracks
- 13km of drainage pipes