Kerry County Council
November 2021 – Present
The development comprises approximately 7km of single carriageway road between the start and end points on the N69 Tralee Tarbert Road and the existing N69 in Ballygologue. Of this 7km, approximately 3.8km is new road construction, around 1.2km is an upgrade of the existing road network and 2km is an upgrade to the existing John B. Keane Road.
Scheme also includes the additional provision of shared cycle and pedestrian facilities. The proposed development includes three new roundabouts, four bridges, and a number of culverts (to either accommodate existing watercourses/drainage ditches or to provide flood mitigation). One of the bridges is a river crossing of the river Feale and is over 115m in length. The proposed development also includes attenuation ponds and wetlands, to attenuate and improve the quality of surface water runoff.
- 3x new roundabout junctions and associated improvements to regional and local roads
- 19x structures, including a new bridge spanning the River Feale, tied sheet pile wall, accommodation underpasses, flood culverts and watercourse crossings
- Urban realm improvements and an upgrade of vulnerable road user facilities on John B. Keane Road
- Working within, and adjacent to, designated areas
- Site clearance, drainage, earthworks, pavement, safety barriers, signing and lining, public lighting, utilities diversions, fencing and boundary treatments, accommodation works and bespoke landscaping