Roscommon County Council
Designer / Consultancy
Jan 2018 – April 2019
2.4km Road Construction, including 1x Roundabout and a 1.8km Road Improvement Scheme located North of Roscommon Town.
The Scheme was a mix of online and offline construction with 4x Side Roads and various Accommodation Works, liaising with various stakeholders along the route. The project included extensive earthworks operations ranging from deep excavations, soft swamp marshes and rock removal, and included numerous Contractor Designed elements.
- 11.8 hectares of site clearance including removal of trees
- 96,000 m3 of excavation (1400m3 of rock and 15,000m3 of soft ground)
- 4650m of filter drains
- 1500m of herringbone drainage
- 3000m of carrier drains
- 2.4m wide x 2.1m high box culvert structure, contractor designed
- 1350m of 2-way ducting
- 1700m of 4-way ducting for future services
- 52,500m2 surfacing to mainline
- 7000m2 surfacing to side roads and junctions
- 4500m2 surfacing to domestic entrances