On Maybole Bypass Project, Wills Bros BIM team has worked on to ensure BIM models for the project are compliant to employer information requirements.
Clash detection software has been used to coordinate field conflicts by comparing 3D models of building system. The goal here was to eliminate major system conflicts prior to installation. Every system and subsystem were colour coded for ease of visual understanding.
Clash detections were based either on geometry or on rulesets. Geometry-base clash detection was detected when two or more objects interfered. Rule-based clash detection was used for checking the quality of the design.
Value of Clash Detection on Projects:
- Coordinate project through a model
- Reduce and eliminate field conflicts, which reduces RFI’s significantly compared to other methods
- Visualize construction
- Increase productivity
- Reduced construction cost; potentially less cost growth (i.e., less change orders)
- Decrease construction time
- Increase productivity on site
- More accurate as built drawings
Wills Bros has the designated trained experts, deign authoring software, model review software and IT