Position based on site within the Dublin City area.
As a Health and Safety Advisor for our Civil Engineering Projects in Dublin City, your primary responsibility is to ensure the implementation and maintenance of health and safety standards and practices across our projects.
You will be responsible for identifying potential hazards, assessing risks, and providing advice and guidance to project teams to ensure compliance with health and safety regulations. Your role is crucial in promoting a safe and healthy work environment for all personnel involved in the projects.
We have Junior, Advisor and Senior roles available.
As our successful candidate you will be competent in the following areas:
- Health and Safety Compliance: Ensure that the project complies with local and national health and safety regulations, industry standards, and best practices
- Risk Assessment: Identify potential hazards and conduct thorough risk assessments for each project phase. Implement appropriate control measures to mitigate risks and prevent accidents or injuries
- Safety Policies and Procedures: Develop and implement project-specific health and safety policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Regularly review and update them to align with evolving regulations and industry standards
- Training and Education: Provide health and safety training to project personnel, subcontractors, and other stakeholders
- Promote awareness of health and safety practices through toolbox talks, safety inductions, and workshops
- Inspections and Audits: Conduct regular site inspections and audits to identify potential hazards, assess compliance, and recommend corrective actions
- Monitor and follow up on the implementation of corrective measures
- Incident Management: Investigate accidents, incidents, near misses, and other safety-related events
- Analyse root causes, prepare reports, and make recommendations to prevent future occurrences
- Emergency Preparedness: Develop emergency response plans for civil engineering projects, including evacuation procedures, first aid provisions, and communication protocols
- Conduct drills and exercises to test preparedness
- Collaboration and Communication: Liaise with project managers, contractors, subcontractors, and relevant authorities to ensure effective communication and coordination of health and safety matters
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate records of health and safety activities, including inspections, incidents, training sessions, and audits
- Prepare regular reports for management and regulatory bodies as required
- Recognised qualification in Health and Safety (NEBOSH, NCQR or other recognised equivalent)
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Health & Safety advisory role within the construction industry
- Professional certifications such as NEBOSH (National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health) or IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health) are highly desirable
- Extensive experience in health and safety management, preferably within the civil engineering or construction industry
- Solid knowledge of local health and safety regulations, codes of practice, and industry standards
- Strong understanding of risk assessment methodologies and the ability to apply them effectively
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage and influence project teams and stakeholders
- Analytical mindset with the ability to identify potential hazards, assess risks, and propose practical solutions
- Attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining high standards of health and safety
- Proficient in using relevant software applications email, Word, Excel, Power Point and tools for documentation and reporting
- Full valid driving licence to be able to get around site