We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated site and laboratory-based materials technicians to join our team.
While previous experience of working within a UKAS accredited laboratory would be advantageous – we can provide all necessary training for the right person.
The position is based primarily in our materials testing laboratory in Chapelhall, Airdrie. However, there will be various requirements for site work throughout the U.K. and Ireland.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated, hard working with a ‘hands-on’ approach to work. Possess a strong and flexible work ethic to support the needs of the business. Be prepared to travel and work away from home when required. You must have effective communication, problem solving and IT skills. You will be involved with customers and colleagues at various level in the business and therefore be able to work confidently and courteously within a team and on your own initiative. You will be required to keep accurate legible records of all works undertaken, work within documented QA/QC systems in-line with our UKAS accreditation.
- Testing of various construction materials.
- Sampling on site materials for laboratory testing.
- Completion of test sheets, including all calculations.
- Liaise with senior members of staff on work schedules.
- Work within in-house QA systems.
- Maintain high levels of health and safety in line with company policies.
- Credit Standard Grade English/Maths or equivalent.
- Knowledge of UKAS accredited laboratory practices would be beneficial.
- Previous experience of site/laboratory testing of concrete, soils and aggregates would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- A driving licence is essential.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, and all the benefits of working for a dynamic and growing family run company.