Shewalton Landfill Development Phase 4 Cell Construction, Capping Works and Construction of Access Road
The works comprise of the development of part of the Shewalton Site for use as a new landfill containment cell, capping an existing filled cell, construction of a surface water drainage system and construction of an access road.
They include the provision of:
• excavation and land forming;
• re-profiling of existing waste;
• mineral layer and high density polyethylene (HDPE) liner installation;
• leachate collection pipework and sump;
• leachate drainage blanket;
• linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE) capping membrane installation;
• geocomposite drainage layer installation;
• placement of restoration soils;
• access road to phase 4;
• clay lined surface water ditch;
• associated top-soiling and planting and
• all associated ancillary works.
North Ayrshire Council